IE 9: Change Website Icons Pinned to Taskbar
With the new IE 9, users can pin websites to the taskbar. However, a website’s default favicon may not blend well with other icons in your theme. This will show you how to customize these icons.Display beautiful, informative website icons like these.
Steps to Follow
- Right click on your desktop -> New -> Shortcut.
- In the Create Shortcut window, “%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe” http://ie-support.blogspot.com and hit Next.
- Type in the name of the website and hit Finish.
- Right click on the new shortcut -> Properties.
- Hit Change Icon
- You can choose icon from the Change Icon window. If you don’t like them, click on Browse and point to your own icon.
- When you have done, click on OK->OK to save the setting.
- Some examples: