Remove Content tab from Internet Explorer.
The content tab in internet options can control the internet contents that can be viewed on your computer, uses certificates that prompts on exchanging information with the site, supports auto-completion feature including storing of personal information. But, with this setting you can remove this tab from internet explorer, leaving behind with no choice for the user to change any of the above settings. For this, go to start > run menu, enter regedit and navigate to the registry path listed below. If any of the sub keys internet explorer\control panel is not present, create it as explained below. Then, create a dword value content tab, if this value does not exist. Now, right-click and modify the value to 1 which can hide the content tab. However, if you want to show it again, change the value data to 0 or delete the value. The changes take effect after a restart or logoff.
Steps to Follow
- First, click the Start button, and select Run. In the resulting dialog box, type "regedit".
- Second, go to <b>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\]</b> and create a new key "Internet Explorer".
- Fourth, create a DWORD value "ContentTab".
- Now, right-click on "ContentTab" and select 'Modify'.
- Finally, set the 'Value Data' to 1in the textbox provided and click on 'OK'.
Note : Take backup of registry befor editing it.