Google redirect virus is the latest threat on Internet and it mainly affects web browsers. it is designed to manipulate google search results. This virus gets installed through a trojan horse and when you search on Google for something. If you are being redirected to an unwanted website or another search engine, your browser is not only hijacked by a Trojan, but the computer is also infected with a TDL3 rootkit as well. This threat is also known as the TDSS or Alureon rootkit. Many anti-malware vendors have failed to detect and prevent the infection in the past months, but to date, the latest variant of TDL3 rootkit is possible to remove using several tools and malware removal programs.It hides the google results and shows you advertisements or affiliate links related to that subject. This google redirect virus can also show you false advertisements, popups, redirect you to spam pages and lots more. You need to remove this virus as soon as it is detected. It won't even let you search on Google and it is a clear indication that you need to protect your computer in future by using a Spyware Remover.
The malware causes redirection of search results. If you search something on Google, this virus will redirect your to another malicious websites and advertisements. It won't let you see genuine results from Google.
Inorder to remove TDSS or Alureon rootkit Download and run TDSSKiller by Kaspersky Labs.
Symptoms Of Google Redirection
1. It will show you errors saying that filename.exe is not a valid WIn32 application.
2. If you download and try to install a new program, It may tell you that setup files are corrupted and you need to download a fresh copy. It will keep bugging you again and again.
3. It will infect Internet Explorer, Firefox and then redirect you to malicious websites showing advertisements and pop ups.
It is extremely important that you remove Google Redirect virus as soon as possible
Steps to Follow
- Please click on Start >Run. Type devmgmt.msc and Click on OK. This will run Device Manager. In Device Manager, click on View > Show Hidden Devices.
- Please expand all the devices by click on the "Plus" sign. Now try to find TDSSserv.sys right click Disable. Please make sure that you do not select the Un-Install option otherwise infection will be back once you reboot your computer.
- After disabling the TDSSserv.sys, please download a Spyware Remover and remove Google redirect Virus completely from your system. Please note that you need to remove several registry entries to remove it completely and you never know If you have other threats in your system. Be wise and remove it with a Spyware Remover Software.