Prevent deletion of Internet history.
The temporary internet files section in general tab of internet options dialog gives the facility to delete internet history and manage relative settings in internet explorer. With this registry setting you can disable the option to perform such functions. For this, go to start > run menu, enter regedit and navigate to the registry path listed below. If any of the sub keys internet explorer control panel is not present, create it as explained below. Then, create a dword value settings, if this value does not exist. Now, right-click and modify the value to 1 which can disable the option to clear internet history. However, if you want to enable the options back, change the value data to 0 or delete the value. The changes take effect after a restart or logoff.
Steps to Follow
- First, click the Start button, and select Run. In the resulting dialog box, type "regedit".
- Third, create a subkey "Control Panel" under "Internet Explorer".
- Fourth, create a DWORD value "Settings".
- Now,right-click on "Settings" and select 'Modify'
- Finally, set the 'Value Data' to 1in the textbox provided and click on 'OK'.