Sometimes, after downloading software, or after the expiration of your anti virus software, or after a Virus infection, Internet Explorer will mysteriously only work when going to an https site and will not go to any http sites.
Steps to Follow
- Open up Internet Explorer.
- Click on TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS>CONNECTIONS
- Click on LAN SETTINGS
- Under 'PROXY SERVER' you should see a box.
- UNCHECK the box that says 'USE A PROXY SERVER
- Click OK.
- Click on Start > Run then type the word cmd and click on Ok.
- Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: NETSH INT IP RESET RESET.LOG
- Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: NETSH WINSOCK RESET CATALOG
- Reboot the machine.
Note : You can also try the steps for Website Redirection