How to Import and Export Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker Settings
Steps to Follow
To Export Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker Settings
1. Open the Start Menu, then type regedit in the search box and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes (Windows 7) or continue (
3. In regedit, navigate to the location below. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\New Window
4. In the left pane, right click on New Window and click on Export.
5. Navigate to your Desktop, then type in a name (ex: IE_Pop_up_Blocker_Settings) for this REG file and click on the Save button.
6. Now move this exported REG file to where you like to keep it at as a backup of all of your personal Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker settings.
To Import Internet Explorer Pop-up Blocker Settings
1. Double click on the exported REG file (ex: IE_Pop_up_Blocker_Settings.reg) that was exported from OPTION ONE above.
2. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (Windows 7) or Continue (
Vista), Yes, and OK.
3. If open, close and reopen all instances of Internet Explorer to apply.