Automatic Crash Recovery (ACR) is a feature of Windows Internet Explorer 8 that can help to prevent the loss of work and productivity in the unlikely event of the browser crashing or hanging. The ACR feature takes advantage of the Loosely-Coupled Internet Explorer feature to provide new crash recovery capabilities, such as tab recovery, which will minimize interruptions to users’ browsing sessions. Part of making people more productive is helping to protect them from losing their work. Nearly everyone at some time has experienced work loss and knows the frustrations associated with losing important data.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to tools>Internet Option
- Select the Advanced tab in the Internet Properties window.
- Navigate to Enable automatic crash recovery
- Check on Enable automatic crash recovery
- Then click OK to save the changes.